- Open Z App
- Tap the 'Sharetank' icon at the bottom of your Z App screen to get to 'Sharetank'.
- Select the 'Redeem balance' button.
- This will generate a unique QR code.
- Simply scan the QR code at the pump before filling your vehicle, or in-store after filling your vehicle, and you're good to go!
Frequently asked questions on Redemptions
Do I need a mobile connection to redeem a Sharetank balance?
To redeem a Sharetank balance at a Z service station, members and owners will need a mobile phone with an active data plan. Please note that cellular data coverage cannot be guaranteed across New Zealand.
Can I redeem a Sharetank balance at the pump?
Yes, you can redeem at any Z site that has the ability to pay at pump. Click here to learn more.
Can I redeem a Sharetank balance at Fastlane?
Yes, you can redeem at any Fastlane. Click here to learn more. As soon as you have finished the fill, any remaining unused litres will return to your Sharetank immediately.
I can't select or load 'Redeem balance' on the Sharetank section.
- First, check to ensure you have mobile data or WiFi enabled on your phone.
- If it still doesn't load, force close Z App, re-open, and try again.
- If that still doesn't work, send us a chat at the bottom right of this page and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Scanning the Sharetank QR Code is not working in the store
- Ensure that 'Redeem balance' is selected on Sharetank section in Z App and you have an active internet connection.
- The staff shouldn't need to do anything different. Just scan your Z App with 'Redeem balance' selected.
- If you are hear the 'beep' and it's still not working, Sharetank redemption may be offline. In that situation, pay with another method of payment and ensure you take your receipt. Send us a chat at the bottom right of this page to let us know the details, attach a photo of your receipt, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.